Offshore Marine Jobs

Post image for Offshore Marine Jobs

Offshore marine jobs are a great way to apply your practical marine experience to the exciting offshore oil industry.

Whether you are looking for seagoing or shoreside jobs, there are many possible job opportunities for you. One thing they will all have in common though is they will all be based around providing stable supply lines to an important part of America’s energy industry. One of the largest companies here is Tidewater.

Get Free Job Database Access NOW - Marine Positions Available

With over 25% of the nation’s oil and gas production occurring offshore, it is critical for both national and energy security that this part of our economy be well supplied. By using your marine skills will help support the ships that act as the lifeline two our offshore energy centers.

The actual number of available marine offshore jobs varies, the recent estimates put the number at over 13,000 total employed crew members. This is not take into account the shoreside operations though. So the number of possible job opportunities for you is very large.

In fact a very useful study from the Offshore Marine Service Association shows that the American offshore support, shipbuilding, and service industries that employ 100,000 people with a total of $4.6 billion paid in annual wages.

Is this an industry would like that you would like to be involved with? If so I’m sure that there is a position for you.

Types of offshore marine service vessels

If you are looking for employment on the seagoing side there are several different types of vessels you will be on.

Crewboats: these swift vessels shuttle offshore platform workers to and from their job. The capacity varies but some larger crewboats can hold over 120 people. They important because they provide the personnel.

Supply boats: Offshore oil platforms needed a tremendous amount of supplies to function. Everything from tools to fuel must be delivered on board these mighty cargo ships.

Barges: when it comes time to bring the biggest and baddest platform constructions to the water, they will frequently be loaded up on barges.

Tugboats: tugboats have tremendous engines to tow offshore rigs and platforms into position. These rigs are not self-propelled, so they need help to get into the water.

Get Free Job Database Access NOW - Marine Positions Available

{ 19 comments… read them below or add one }

Yogesh Yadav June 27, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Dear sirs,
I am presently serving as Chief mate in Maersk line, Danish fleet, container vessels.
I have 19 months of actual sailing experience as Chief mate, which includes TWO dry-docking experience.
I have recently completed my DP basic course.
I would like to join Maersk offshore fleet.
Kindly assist me on the above.

Praveen.rai November 20, 2011 at 8:08 am

Dear sir,
I am a chief engineer holding Class 1 (motor) having 50 months rank experience in the bulk carrier main fleet.. I am planning to switch over to offshore fleet where i can get good wages as well.my present wages on board is 9500 usd/month.
Kindly help me out.
thanks….

Desmine Williams November 22, 2011 at 8:18 am

Hi my name Desmine Williams and Im currently looking for an offshore job. I have my TWIC card, Merchant Marine Card, and passport. I can start working today and my contact number is 3347826175 and 2515910813 thanks in advance.

VASU JAJALA December 5, 2011 at 4:56 am

Dear Sir,

Dear sirs,
I am presently working in FPSO MYSTRAS, as a E&I Supervisor.
I’m currently looking for an good assignment where i can get good wages as well. My present day rate 550/- USD.
Thanks&regards,
Vasu Jajala
jajalavasu@yahoo.co.in
India: +91 850035 7774(Mobile), Land Line: +91 891 270 4979

RAIS December 6, 2011 at 1:40 pm

looking a job as Boatswain,DeckForeman
Rais

Tony Nogueira December 8, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Hello. I’m searching for employment as a deckhand/caterer on oil and gas supply vessels. I have a current STCW95, crane and advanced rigging tickets. I have 6 years experience in the fishing industry and am a good cook and very industrious. I’m willing to relocate anywhere if needed.

moataz m behairy December 15, 2011 at 6:33 pm

hello sir
Im supply captain have 6 years experience in AHTS, diving and st/by vessels

Teodoro Yongca August 18, 2012 at 8:51 am

Good day Sir,

I am currently working as Hull engineer/estimator .
I am looking for an offshore job where can I explore my experience in ship repair and ship building. You can contact me at +639228277128.

Teodoro Yongca