FPSO Jobs

Post image for FPSO Jobs

FPSO jobs are growing part of the offshore employment sector. As more oil is found all across the globe, we’re seeing more new developments in previously inaccessible places. Without existing pipeline infrastructure in some of these new areas floating production, storage, and offloading (FPSO) units are becoming more and more important.

Get Free Job Database Access NOW - FPSO Jobs Available

FPSO Jobs Outlook

Because FPSOs need good people on board, as more FPSOs are constructed there will be more FPSO jobs created.

Since 2009 a total of ten new FPSOs have been deployed around the world. We think this is a good area for future job growth.

As the global energy demands increase every day there are simply going to be more offshore oil wells created. As we push further and further out into deep water and ultra-deepwater drilling FPSOs are going to be used more frequently.

This presents excellent offshore employment opportunities for two types of people.

One are people with a good marine background who are needed to keep in the FPSOs as a ship in good shape.

The next are people with good offshore oil drilling experience who will manage the production side of things.

And plus, since most FPSOs are built from converting an old oil tanker, it can make it easier to build new ones.

Where are all the FPSO jobs?

FPSOs are best used in hard to reach areas, places without a good infrastructure, or areas of marginal development. This means most FPSO jobs are going to be had in places like Brazil, Asia, West Africa, and even the North Sea.

In fact the majority of the FPSO usage since 2008 has been off the coast of Brazil and Africa.

This is just a generality though. An FPSO could be used anywhere there is offshore oil drilling.

For example, out in Newfoundland, the White Rose field makes use of an FPSO facility.

Types of FPSO jobs

Many of the people who work on an FPSO the are going to come from a maritime background. This presents many opportunities for people looking for marine offshore jobs to get involved in this field.

One thing to note is that because FPSOs are ships, there are many different ways they work with the energy companies. For example Bluewater does bareboat chartering on some of their units. This would mean to get hired on their FPSO you would need it to contact the operating company.

In other cases, the FPSO is both operated and designed by a major energy company like Total SA. In that case, Total would either be in charge of the technical hiring, or any of the other subcontractors they would use.

Getting started

Because there are so many different ways and places an FPSO can be used, we recommend that you sign up for our free offshore jobs database and newsletter. It is full of the newest FPSO job opportunities helpful tips to get you hired.

Get Free Job Database Access NOW - FPSO Jobs Available

{ 31 comments… read them below or add one }

Sanjay Kumar December 1, 2011 at 5:34 pm

Good Day.
I am Indian National and a Catering Graduate, sailing as a Chief Cook on Cargo Vessels past 10 yrs. Looking for opportunities in Offshore. Good command over English and knowledge of Computer. Also familier/assisting master with the month end and port paper work.

Bernardo I. Toriaga December 2, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Dear sir’s,
I’m Filipino national currently working as Cheif Mate in Gas Tankers,I’m looking job as “a Chief Officer for Offshore tasks”such as o/b FSO/FPSO/RIG. experience: 15 yrs in tankers,2 years experience as chief mate o/b Gas tankers
I’m hard working n able to get along with all parties concern-in team work clostly with different nationalities,and available anytime December 2011,willing to work one month on and one month off contract scheme,option 12 weeks on and 4 weeks off contract scheme

Ernesto A. Lampa Jr. January 10, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Dear Sir’s,
I am a Filipino national and working from Maersk Line for almost ten (10) years, from 1997 to 2007 mostly on oil tankers, gas tankers and containers, as the company policy before they used to deploy us in all different types of their vessels to makes us officers flexible. Right now I am currently working on FPSO’s for the past three years as a Marine CCR Cargo Technician, under MODEC Offshore with Tullow Oil Company which is base in Ghana, West Africa. We do 28 days off, 28 days on. And can easily work along with different nationalities. I am looking forward to get back to work again in Maersk if their is a chance for me to get employ again especially in FPSO Maersk offshore.

Claude January 23, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Hallo Ernesto.
i am currently working on a FPSO for MODEC in Brazil.
And i am the RPE (responsible person electrical) of the vessel.
but now the company said i can not work here anymore,because the law states
that an expat can not be in charge of electrical.
you do not know if there is any positions open for electrical by you,or any other company around there,i am from South Africa.

ari January 24, 2012 at 11:45 am

Ernesto I am looking FPSO offshore electrical technician job. Please if available help me.Thank you.

Fel Omahoy February 6, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Hi, I am a filipino seaferer for more than 12 years and and had a license as a 3rd officer with more than a year experience as a 3rd officer, am working in a tanker vessels in Maersk Company in the Philippines. I would like to switch in a FPSO job, if given an opportunity I am interested. Please do email me or reply me if there’s an available position or job for me. I am interested and willing to work as soon as possible. Thank you.

Sanjoy Jacob February 11, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Good day all,

Am presently sailing as master in crude oil tanker.Looking to change over into FPSO.
Thanks and regards.
Capt Sanjoy Jacob

EMILIANO Z. MARALIT February 24, 2012 at 12:57 am

emiliano z. maralit

good day,
i’m 2mate in vlcc for 6 years,3 years 2mate in fso,2 years in fpso as marine operator. i’m now looking for other fpso company and available any time.
Thank you and best regards.

navneet singh February 24, 2012 at 2:19 pm

hi,
Im a second asst. engineer working with v ships if you have any vaccancy kindly
revert for further details

art March 26, 2012 at 3:39 pm

hi 15yars working on offshore as electrical tech.
thanks

LUCIANO B. EVITE May 30, 2012 at 3:46 pm

Good day,

I’m second engineer or maintenance supervisor working on FPSO for 15 years , presently I’m upgrading my certificate into chief engineer,after completion I’m available most probably by the month of June.

thank you.